Essentials of Supervision
Leadership tools for supervisors.
Most supervisors have been placed into their roles because they were exceptional at their previous job; they were unequivocal superdoers. But, what makes a great superdoer does not inherently make a great supervisor.
Decades of analysis within world-class organizations show that leaders not only excel through skill and intellect, but by connecting with others using competencies such as empathy and self-awareness. Throughout this program, you will have the opportunity to understand and develop personal leadership competencies.
Our program leverages multiple assessments to identity and address personal communication, coaching, conflict, and leadership styles. As a participant, you will engage in group discussion and exercises to better hone your abilities as a leader.
Key Individual Outcomes
- Identify your individual communication, conflict, leadership and coaching styles
- Understand how to adjust your communication style to achieve greater results
- Practice and refine your coaching and conflict styles
- Create a foundational understanding of leadership skills
Key Organizational Outcomes
- Develop a more communicative environment across the organization
- Standardize effective coaching behaviors across supervisors
- Create and foster a positive atmosphere that supports change
- Improve leaders’ abilities to manage and build effective teams
- Communication and Communication Styles
- Performance Management
- Conflict Resolution
- Handling Change
- Building Trust
- Building Effective Teams
To learn more about this and other programs, please contact Greg Scott, executive education program manager, at email@example.com or at 614.793.5654.