At a Glance
At OHIO, we take pride in being home to one of the nation’s best choices in business education. Since 1836, we’ve worked to create a place that is invested in providing a dynamic learning environment designed to keep pace with the evolving business landscape and actively prepare our students for career success.
Our continued development is no small matter. From strengthening our community of talented faculty and staff to maintaining an average 91 percent employment 3-months after graduation, our stride forward remains focused, diligent, and dedicated to changing the face of business.
We inspire innovators who strategically create value. We motivate leaders who serve with grit and determination. We nurture self-aware citizens who better the world of business.
Our Core Values
- We serve students first, so they serve.
- We teach principled leadership.
- We embrace diversity of thought and community.
- We offer individualized paths to success.
- We foster relationships that last.
- We deliver on our promises.
Point of Pride
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked top-15 public business school by Bloomberg Businessweek
- #1 best online postgraduate sport course (PMSA) by SportBusiness Professional
- #1 best postgraduate sport administration course (MBA/MSA) by SportBusiness Professional for six out of the last eight years (#2 in 2019)
- #11 best undergraduate business school specialization in information systems by Bloomberg Businessweek
- #15 largest student-managed investment fund by The Center for Investment Research
- #29 Online MBA – Ranked by Poets&Quants (2020)
- Ralph and Luci Schey Sales Centre – “Top Universities for Professional Sales Education”
- Center for Entrepreneurship – “Excellence in Student Engagement in Entrepreneurship Award” - 2017 Deshpande Symposium
By the Numbers
You won’t get lost in the crowd here. Our college is designed to ensure that every student has access to the specialized attention that they need to progress towards their goals.
- 3,700+ students enrolled (includes online and graduate students)
- 89% freshman retention rate (fall 2018 entering cohort)
- 200+ faculty and staff
- Over 9,000 career coaching and academic advising appointments
Based on 2019 First Destination Survey data...
- 83% employed at graduation
- 90% employed within 3 - months of graduation
- $50,221 average starting salary
- 95% First Destination Survey response rate
We encourage our Business Bobcats to get outside of the classroom and showcase their talents. Every year we welcome hundreds of employers and alumni to campus to host networking experiences and recruiting opportunities to maximize our development and industry exposure.
- 200+ professional development events per year
- 1,900 employer interactions and 50 on-campus employer recruiting visits in 2017
- Three annual specialized career fairs: OHIO Communication Conference, OHIO Business Conference, Darren Butler Sports Business Forum