At a Glance
At OHIO, we take pride in being home to one of the nation’s best choices in business education. Since 1836, we’ve worked to create a place that is invested in providing a dynamic learning environment designed to keep pace with the evolving business landscape and actively prepare our students for career success.
Our continued development is no small matter. From strengthening our community of talented faculty and staff to maintaining 91 percent employment 3-months after graduation, our stride forward remains focused, diligent, and dedicated to changing the face of business.
We inspire innovators who strategically create value. We motivate leaders who serve with grit and determination. We nurture self-aware citizens who better the world of business.
Our Core Values
- We serve students first, so they serve.
- We teach principled leadership.
- We embrace diversity of thought and community.
- We offer individualized paths to success.
- We foster relationships that last.
- We deliver on our promises.
Point of Pride
Rankings & Awards
- Ranked top-15 public business school by Bloomberg Businessweek
- #1 Masters of Sports Administration – Ranked by SportBusiness International for the sixth time in seven years.
- #11 Best Undergraduate Business School specialization in Information Systems by Bloomberg Businessweek
- #15 Online MBA – Ranked by Poet’s & Quants
- Ralph and Luci Schey Sales Centre – “Top Universities for Professional Sales Education”
- Center for Entrepreneurship – “Excellence in Student Engagement in Entrepreneurship Award” - 2017 Deshpande Symposium
By the Numbers
You won’t get lost in the crowd here. Our college is designed to ensure that every student has access to the specialized attention that they need to progress towards their goals.
- 3,832 students enrolled (includes online and graduate students)
- 88% freshman retention rate
- 200+ faculty and staff
- Over 9,000 career coaching and academic advising appointments
Based on 2017 First Destination Survey data...
- 76% employed at graduation
- 91% employed within 3 - months of graduation
- $53,600 average starting salary
- 98% First Destination Survey response rate
We encourage our Business Bobcats to get outside of the classroom and showcase their talents. Every year we welcome hundreds of employers and alumni to campus to host networking experiences and recruiting opportunities to maximize our development and industry exposure.
- 200+ professional development events per year
- 1,900 employer interactions and 50 on-campus employer recruiting visits in 2017
- Three annual specialized career fairs: OHIO Communication Conference, OHIO Business Conference, Darren Butler Sports Business Forum