Costs & Fees
Investing in your international education.
“If you have the chance to apply knowledge learned into an actual business atmosphere overseas, the learning value is priceless.”
Fees on Your Student Bill
Participating students are required to pay the program fee for their GCP location and standard Ohio University Athens Campus tuition and fees for 9 or 12 semester hours of credit
- 2-week summer programs (France, Greece, Italy, China and Spain) are $3,000 plus 9 credit hours OHIO tuition and fees (2 credits in Spring Semester and 7 credits in Summer Semester).
- 3-week summer program (Germany) is $3,500 plus 12 credit hours OHIO tuition and fees (2 credits in Spring Semester and 10 credits in Summer Semester).
- 4-week summer program (Hungary) is $4,000 plus 12 credit hours OHIO tuition and fees (2 credits in Spring Semester and 10 credits in Summer Semester).
- 2-week winter break program (Nicaragua) is $3000 plus 9 credit hours OHIO tuition and fees (3 credits in Fall Semester, 6 credits in Spring Semester).
Click here for the current tuition and fee schedule. Note that the tuition charged for the GCP does not constitute “full-time”. Students who take additional hours will be charged additional tuition according to the fee schedule outlined by the Office of the Bursar.
Both the tuition and the program fee are added to students’ Summer Semester bills and due according to the deadlines listed on the Ohio University academic calendar.
By taking additional classes in Summer (during Session II if your GCP takes place in Session I, or vice versa), you can get the maximum value out of your tuition payment and earn a full load of courses during Summer Semester.
In addition to fees billed by Ohio University, students are responsible for the following costs:
- Airfare to the program location
- Meals and incidentals*
- Housing during pre-trip week
- Personal travel beyond the program
*Some meals may be provided – e.g., breakfast at hotels, lunches in student cafeterias, opening and closing banquets, etc. In locations where providing breakfast and/or lunch is not logistically feasible, those locations will arrange supplemental meals and/or activities using the funds budgeted for those meals.