San Diego Sports Consulting Project
Two weeks in beautiful San Diego, CA earning credits & consulting for the pros
The San Diego Sports Consulting Project (SDSCP) began in 2011 and is designed to give students an opportunity to leverage their existing business skills, as well as develop new ones, in an exciting and challenging sports business environment.
Historically, the San Diego Padres have presented the group of 35 students with a business project focused on ticket sales. Beginning in 2014, Ohio University’s AECOM Center for Sports Administration expanded the number of partners to create a more diverse set of projects.
Past projects have included the San Diego Padres, the National Sports Forum, the San Diego Gulls, PGA Farmers Insurance Open at Torrey Pines, Aztec Sports Properties-Learfield Sports, Connexions Sports & Entertainment, the Greater San Diego Chapter of the ALS Association, and Competitor Group, Inc. (organizers of the Rock 'n Roll Marathon Series).
- June 1-5 in Athens, Ohio
- June 7-20 at University of San Diego (San Diego, CA)
- Program fee: $1,750
- Tuiton cost (6 credit hours)
- Airfare and air port transport to San Diego (USD)
- Some food costs (not all meals are covered)
- Credit hours
- Professional experience
- Build your network
- Fulfills internship requirement
- Students are responsible for transportation to/from airports
- One week of classroom instruction in Athens is required for consulting training
This opportunity is exclusive to Ohio University and select affiliated college programs.
Students interested in participating in the 2020 San Diego Sports Consulting Project are encouraged to contact program coordinator Matt Cacciato.