- Ph.D., Marketing, University of Kentucky, 2009
- MBA, Marketing, Univeristy of Kentucky, 2000
- Study Abroad Program, Vienna University, Vienna, Austria, 2000
- B.A., Marketing, Kentucky State University, 1998
Services Marketing, Consumer Behavior, Service Encounters, Profit Linkage, Customer Equity, Customer Lifetime Value, Employee Equity (value), Qualitative Methods
- Childers, Carla, Katie Hartman, Jacob Hiler and Mick Andzulis (2019), "Client Projects: Student Attitudes, Learning Outcomes, and Project Evaluations," Journal of Education for Business, DOI: 10.1080/08832323.2019.1627996.
- Black, Hulda J., Carla Y. Childers, and Leslie H. Vincent (2014), "Service Characteristics' Impact on Key Service Quality Relationships: A Meta Analysis," Journal of Services Marketing, 28(4), 276 - 291.
- Childers, Carla Y., Kim H. Williams, and Elyria Kemp (2013), “Emotions in the Classroom: Examining Environmental Factors and Student Satisfaction,” Journal of Education for Business, 89(1), 7 - 12.
- Williams, Kim H., Carla Y. Childers, and Elyria Kemp (2013),“Stimulating and Enhancing Student Learning through Positive Emotions,” Journal of Teaching in Travel and Tourism, 13(3), 209 - 227.
- Hartman, Katherine, James B. Hunt, and Carla Y. Childers (2013), “Mistaken Causation? A Case to Teach the Difference Between Correlation and Causality,” Journal of Business Cases and Applications, 8 (March), http://www.aabri.com/jbca.html.
- Kemp, Elyria, Carla Y. Childers, and Kim H. Williams (2012), “Place Branding: Creating Self-Brand Connections and Brand Advocacy,” Journal of Product and Brand Management, 21(7), 508-515.
- Kemp, Elyria, Carla Y. Childers, and Kim H. Williams (2012), “A Tale of a Musical City: Fostering Self-Brand Connection Among Residents of Austin, Texas,” Place Branding and Public Diplomacy, 8 (May), 147-157.
- Lamanna, Zhanna, Kim H. Williams, and Carla Childers (2012), “An Assessment of Resilience: Disaster Management and Recovery for Greater New Orleans Hotels,” Journal of Human Resources in Hospitality and Tourism, 11(3), 210-224.
Prior to earning her doctorate, Dr. Childers taught full-time at Kentucky State University covering courses in Consumer Behavior, Marketing Research, Principles of Marketing, International Business, and International Economics. She has also worked for Knight Ridder as the Marketing Research Coordinator for the Lexington Herald Leader newspaper. In addition, for two years, she worked for Enterprise Rent-a-Car as a rental representative. Dr. Childers has professional experience in advertising, sales, market research, and retailing.