Gabe Giordano is also a Robert H. Freeman Professor in Business, a renowned honor which supports his scholarly and research work.
- Ph.D., Florida State University
- B.B.A. (with Honors), New Mexico State University
- Challenges with using new types of communication in organizations
- Detection of deception in computer-mediated communication
- Implementation strategies for transformational enterprise systems
- Assistant Professor, IESE Business School (Barcelona, Spain)
- Instructor and Research Assistant, Florida State University
- Automation and Graphics Specialist, Research International
- George, J.; Gupta, M.; Giordano, G.; Mills, A.; Tennant, V.; Lewis, C. (2018) “The Effects of Communication Media and Culture on Deception Detection Accuracy.” MIS Quarterly, 42(2), 551-575.
- Giordano, G. and George, J. (2013) “The Effects of Task Complexity and Group Member Experience on Computer-Mediated Groups Facing Deception.” IEEE Transactions on Professional Communication, 56(3), 210-225.
- Kaganer, E., Giordano, G., Brion, S., and Tortoriello, M. (2013) “Media Tablets for Mobile Learning: Friend or Foe?” Communications of the ACM, 56(11), 68-75.
- Giordano, G., Lamy, A., and Janasz, Tomasz. (2011) “Who’s the Leader? Financial IT Integration at a Global Insurance Company.” 360° - The Business Transformation Journal, June, 52-59. — Reprinted in (2013) Uhl, A. and Gollenia, L. (Eds), Business Transformation Essentials: Case Studies and Articles. Surrey, England: Gower.
- Giordano, G., George, J., and Marett, K. (2011) “Reviewers and the Detection of Deceptive Information in Recorded Interviews." Journal of Applied Social Psychology, 41(2), 252-269.
- George, J., Marett, K. and Giordano, G. (2008) "Deception: Towards an Individualistic View of Group Support Systems." Journal of the Association for Information Systems, 9(10), 653-676.
- Giordano, G. and Tilley, P. (2006). “The Effects of Computer-Mediation, Training, and Warning on False Alarms in an Interview Setting.” Communications of the Association for Information Systems, 18(6), 226-238
Robert H. Freeman Professor
Gabe Giordano is a Robert H. Freeman Professor in Business. He is one-of-four COB professors with this distinction because of his excellence in research and/or teaching and for exhibiting leadership in the College, University and profession. Giordano, as representative of the endowments' namesake, exhibits a commitment to strong work ethic, a sense of instilling an appreciation for strong business ethics and corporate social responsibility in the class room, and an appreciation for community service. The professorships were established in memory of Ohio University College of Business alumnus Robert H. Freeman, ABC '35: a successful businessman and faithful advocate who dedicated his life to helping others. As a result, he significantly improved, in diverse ways, the lives of countless people with whom he interacted, never seeking thanks or credit.