512 Brasee Hall, Lancaster Campus
- D.B.A., Business Administration, California Coast University
- MBA, Management, Bryant University
- BA, Behavioral Science, Messiah College
- Predictive Analytics
- Project Based Learning
- Process Improvement
- Business Consultant, Bethel Consulting
- Division Plant Manager, James River Corporation
- Certified Talent Acquisition Specialist – Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Certified Malcolm Baldrige National Examiner, National Institute of Standards and Technology, Washington D.C.
- Certified Quality Improvement Train the Trainer, PQ Systems
- Hoyt, B., McCullough, T., Van Bibber, A., & Callihan, E. (2015). The impact of cause related marketing on customer loyalty: A case study on cause fit and switching barriers for retail banks. International Journal of Business, Marketing and Decision Sciences, 8(1).
- Hoyt, B. (2013). Predicting training transfer of new computer software skills: A research study comparing e-learning and in-class deliveries. AURCO Journal, Spring 18.
- Hoyt, B. (2011). A research study in ethics education and training: Predicting ethical behavior. International Journal of Educational Research, Vol 6 (2).
- Hoyt, B. (2011). E-learning’s impact on training transfer: A study comparing training transfer of online vs. in-class software application training. Manuscript submitted 10/2011 to Journal of Education and Training (Accepted with revisions for 3/12).
- Hoyt, B. (2008). A research study investigating the impact of service-learning on ethical decision-making. In M. A. Bowdon, S. H. Billig, and B. A. Holland (Eds.), Scholarship for sustaining service-learning and civic engagement, 8: pp185-206.
- Hoyt, B. (2005). “The Impact of Service-Learning on Moral Development, Significant Learning, and Commitment”, Service Chapter in book series Theory to Practice: Advancing Research to Improve Service-Learning Outcomes, Denver: RMC, 2005 (with revisions)
- Hoyt, B. (2002). Facilitating Agreement for Effective Knowledge Management Systems: The Abilene Paradox is Thriving in the New Millennium. International Journal on E-Learning, 1(3): pp 15-20.
Selected Case Studies
- Hoyt, B. (2018). Case studies: Supply chain integration, 3rd party logistics, and additive manufacturing. In J. Wisner (Ed.), Principles of Supply Chain Management, 5e. Mason, OH: Cengage Publications
- Hoyt, B. (2018). Case studies: Production labor sourcing, warehouse center robotics, and balanced scorecard performance analytics. In J. Wisner (Ed.), Principles of Supply Chain Management, 5e. Mason, OH: Cengage Publications
- Hoyt, B. (2016). Case studies: Calculating customer lifetime value to predict profits from customer loyalty. In J. Wisner (Ed.), Operations Management: A Supply Chain Approach. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
- Hoyt, B. (2016). Case studies: Six Sigma, quality tools, and process improvement. In J. Wisner (Ed.), Operations Management: A Supply Chain Approach. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
- Hoyt, B. (2016). Case studies: Wait line systems, flow management, and queueing metrics. In J. Wisner (Ed.), Operations Management: A Supply Chain Approach. Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
- Hoyt, B. (2009). “Mystery shopping grocery stores: Finding opportunities to build customer loyalty”: in Berman, B. and Evans, J. Great Ideas in Retailing. 11E, New Jersey: Prentice Hall
- Hoyt, B., Goulet, P. and C. Willenbring. (1996). “Kartridge Pak: An acquisition study” Business Case Journal, Vol.3, No. 1, pp.61-81.
- Hoyt, B. (2020). The changing hiring paradigm: From a “Credentialist” approach to a “Potentialist” approach using a Competency Based Model. International Academy of Business and Public Administration Disciplines Conference, Dallas TX, April 2020.
- Hoyt, B. (2018). Predicting Effective Internships: Developing a Text Analysis Based Algorithm. Association of Small Computer Users in Education (ASCUE) Conference, June 2018
- Hoyt, B. (2018). Building a Knowledge Management System to facilitate/support the management and assessment of return on intern investment (ROII) for project-based internships. Association of Small Computer Users in Education (ASCUE) Conference
- Hoyt, B. (2012). Predicting training transfer of new computer software skills: A research study comparing e-learning and classroom deliveries. Presented at Association for Regional Universities and Colleges of Ohio (AURCO).
- Career Ready Internship Grant, Great Lakes Higher Education Guaranty Corporation. $500,000, 2018
- Ohio University Presidential Teaching Award, (awarded April 2013-2016)
- Outstanding Professor Award, Ohio University Regional Higher Education (2004-2006 recipient)
- Professor of the Year, Ohio University-Lancaster campus (awarded May 2013)
- Thomas Ehrlich Service-Learning National Award– 2003 Ohio University President’s nominee for the National Thomas Ehrlich Award for Service-Learning
- Ohio University Teaching Excellence Award for service-learning integration into the classroom by the Ohio University Center for Teaching Excellence (2004)