- MSN/MBA, Nursing and Business,Johns Hopkins University, 2005/2004
- B.S.N., Nursing, University of North Florida, 1996
- B.A., International Affairs, Florida State University, 1990
Kim's research interests include storytelling, learning, and leadership. She is especially interested in the intersection of communication and leadership, learning and coaching with positive psychology, and storytelling and business communication.
- Jordan, Kimberly, Meek, S., Pueschel, A., and Tucker, M. 2020, January. “Story tactics for leaders: Select, sharpen, and shape before sharing.” The International Journal of Interdisciplinary Organizational Studies.
- Meek, S., Pueschel, A., and Jordan, K. 2018. “Introducing Business Communication Students to the Power of Positivity: Providing one approach.” Journal of Instructional Pedagogies.
Presentations & Awards
- Jordan, K. (2019, October 23-26). Presented: “Resilience Story” and “My Favorite Assignment: Memorable Verbal Communication.” Association for Business Communication 84th Annual International Conference. Detroit, MI.
- Jordan, K., and Pueschel, A. (2019, February 21-22). Presented: “Storytelling Workshop: Maximizing Strategic Leadership.” 19th International Conference on Knowledge, Culture, and Change in Organizations: The New Story of Organizing. University of British Columbia, Robson Square. Vancouver, Canada.
- Outstanding Team of the Year. (2018). Ohio University, College of Business, Management Department. Athens, OH.
- Outstanding Team of the Year. (2017). Ohio University, College of Business, Management Department. Athens, OH.
Kimberly “Kim” R. Jordan is an Assistant Professor of Instruction and the Director of the Strategic Leadership Certificate in the Walter Center for Strategic Leadership. Kim teaches BA 2500 Strategic Business Communication in the Integrated Business Cluster to Business Bobcats through the Management Department. She teaches Strategic Leadership Onboarding (MGT 2590) to students across Ohio University’s Athens campus. Her research interests are in storytelling, learning, and leadership.
Kim is passionate about learning, developing, and deepening engagement. She likes intersections, especially the intersection of communication and leadership, learning and coaching with positive psychology, and storytelling and business communication. Learn more about her work at www.kimberlyrjordan.com.
Kim has worked in health care, government, education, and the insurance industry for the following employers: George Washington University Hospital, Amerigroup Insurance, the United States Navy, George Mason University, and Catholic University. She has dual master’s degrees in nursing and in business (Johns Hopkins University), dual bachelor’s degrees in nursing (University of North Florida) and international affairs (Florida State Univeristy).
Kim has lived and worked abroad in Spain, Bahrain, and Japan for over a decade of her life courtesy of the United States Navy. She now happily resides in the foothills of Ohio. When not teaching, she enjoys long walks, good books, local food, and quiet time with her husband, children, and their Boston terrier, Louis (Loo-ee).