- BS, Business Administration: University of Richmond, 1987
- BS, Business Education: Virginia Commonwealth University, 1993
- MS, Finance: Virginia Commonwealth University, 1993
- Dogs of the Dow investment strategy
- 1987-1990: McGladrey & Pullen, CPA firm
- 1990-1991: Senior Accountant, Office America
- 1991-2005: Self-employed accountant and tax accountant
- “Testing the Theory Underlying the Dogs of the Dow Investment Strategy,” published in the Journal of the Academy of Finance, September 2003.
- “Teaching From Real Life: Using the Super Bowl in Marketing Class,” published in the refereed section of the 2002 AURCO Journal.
- 2003 Distinguished Paper Award from the Academy of Finance, presented at the Annual Meeting of the Midwest Business Administration Association, for the paper “Testing the Theory Underlying the Dogs of the Dow Investment Strategy.”