College of Business ranks in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Online Programs
Tuesday, January 9 2018 12:00am
OHIO’s online graduate business programs are recognized among top 100 in the nation.
Ohio University’s College of Business kicked off the new year by earning a spot in U.S. News & World Report’s 2018 Best Online Programs; ranking number 63 for its online graduate business programs (non-MBA) and number 89 for the online Master of Business Administration (MBA) program.
Nearly 30 percent of Ohio University students are earning their degree online, including more than 1,000 students enrolled in College of Business master’s programs. The college offers graduate degrees in business administration, athletic administration, sports administration, and will launch a Master of Accountancy program in fall, 2018.
With a growing online student population, the college continues to enhance its programs to deliver the same high-quality education on and off campus.
“In five short years, our online MBA program has grown significantly and now competes with some of the top programs in the world,” said Hugh Sherman, dean of OHIO’s College of Business. “Our flexible online business programs continue to grow stronger every year. This includes our new MBA concentrations that allow students to specialize in topics like business analytics. They’re an incredible value for working professionals in Ohio.”
U.S. News & World Report ranked online programs on quality of student engagement, faculty credentials, technology support and peer reputation, among other criteria.
“Our dedicated online faculty and technical support team understand the challenges of distance learning. They meet students where they are and remove any barriers to their success in the program,” said Dean Sherman.
This ranking is the second recognition OHIO’s sports administration program received this academic year. The College of Business’s Master of Sports Administration (MSA) and Professional MSA programs are consistently named best postgraduate sports program in the world by SportBusiness International.
“The graduate sports administration programs continue to evolve with industry trends,” said Dean Sherman. “The part-time MSA program meets the needs of active sports professionals, giving them an education based in real-world application so that they can be successful in their careers.”
These rankings also join the number 15 best public business school ranking that the College of Business received from Bloomberg Businessweek in 2016. U.S. News is expected to release its 2018 best part-time MBA rankings in March where OHIO’s Professional MBA looks to join its sister MBA program as a top-100 program.
OHIO’s Online Business Graduate Programs
- Professional MBA: 24-month program designed for working professionals. Curriculum is delivered through virtual courses and monthly Saturday residencies on our Dublin Campus. Concentrations are offered in finance, health care, business analytics, and executive management.
- Online MBA: fully online program with four concentrations including finance, health care, business analytics, and executive management.
- Professional Master of Sports Administration: 21-month program designed for practicing professionals in the sports industry offered mostly online.
- Master of Science in Athletic Administration: online master’s degree designed for active coaches and administrators.
- Professional Master of Accountancy (launching in fall, 2018): five to seven-semester program designed for working professionals. Our part-time program blends online learning with once-a-month Saturday residencies to build community among students and faculty.
- Online Master of Accountancy (launching in fall, 2018): fully online program that addresses foundational principles and emerging trends so you can graduate with the expertise to lead in the field.
Learn more about our online graduate business programs by visiting business.ohio.edu/gradprograms.