SAF Scholarship Accepting Applications
Tuesday, January 27 2015 12:00pm
Have you started building your alumni network early? Get rewarded for building Bobcat Bridges now!
The College of Business Society of Alumni & Friends want to invite you to apply for a $500 scholarship funded by the Dean's discretionary account awarded to a College of Business incoming senior who has demonstrated significant achievement in alumni relations. The award will be presented at the College of Business Awards Banquet held during spring semester.
Are you qualified? Can you say "yes" to any of these questions?
- Have you led or organized an on-campus event that involved alumni?
- Have you attended a College of Business off-campus event with alumni?
- Have you conducted a student organization meeting and connected with alumni via telephone or Skype?
- Have you connected with a Business Bobcat alumnus on the Bobcat Mentor Network to gain career advice?
- Have you secured an internship with a College of Business alumnus?
- Have you currently or previously served as an officer of a student organization with responsibilities for alumni relations?
Other important requirements to note:
- Must be an incoming senior enrolled in the College of Business (attained at least 75 credit hours at the conclusion of fall semester of junior year
- Demonstrate a pursuit of academic excellence
- Involvement in College of Business or other University student organizations
- Must submit a statement of no more than 250 words explaining why alumni involvement is important to the success and growth of the College of Business and identifying what you have done to help promote those goals.
- Must have a G.P.A of 3.0 or greater at the conclusion of fall semester of junior year
- Applications must be submitted to Jessica Storm Steele at email@example.com by March 1, 2015.