Early Assurance Program in Accountancy
Guarantee your spot in the Master of Accountancy program
Accounting is a complex, innovative discipline with a breadth of exciting career paths.
Through this program, students receive a guaranteed spot in the Master of Accountancy program early in an undergraduate career or as part of their admission from high school. Benefits include a simple application/no grad school application; no test score (GRE or GMAT) requirement; mentoring from graduate students; co-curricular program activities; and a guaranteed place in the Master of Accountancy program as long as you maintain program requirements during your undergraduate time at OHIO.
- Attract highly qualified high school students and 1st and 2nd-year undergraduate OHIO Accountancy students to accounting careers, and help set them up for long-term career success
- Provide Ohio University students with a seamless path to reach the 150 credit hours required for CPA licensure while earning both bachelor’s and master’s degrees
- Accelerate student progression to achieve short and long-term career success
Enrolling in the Early Assurance Program guarantees your spot in the Master of Accountancy upon graduation with no additional application or entrance requirements. The Master of Accountancy provides you with an engaging learning experience that will help you emerge as a promising accounting professional of integrity. This program provides a unique approach to classroom teaching: a problem-based methodology that presents you with real life situations that challenge you to perform team-based and independent research. This will give you a competitive advantage throughout your career, and you will gain an excellent education with outstanding professors. Our approach will give you the practical skills you need to be successful and have a rewarding career.
- An incoming freshman who has applied for and gained admission to the College of Business BBA in Accountancy OR a currently enrolled College of Business BBA Accountancy student with four or more semesters before graduation
- A cumulative high school GPA of 3.0 or higher (on a 4.0 scale) for incoming freshmen and a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher for current College of Business Accountancy students
- Maintain a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher while an undergraduate. Should a student drop below a 3.0 GPA, they may enter a two-semester probation.
- Loss of conditional admission to graduate school can occur if a student withdraws from Ohio University; fails to complete undergraduate degree requirements within 5 years; fails to maintain an overall GPA of 3.0 for more than two semesters; violates the academic or ethical conduct policies of Ohio University.
There is no application fee, no standardized test requirement, and no additional transcript, essay, or letters of recommendation. Simply click on the appropriate button below to complete the 5-minute application.