Admissions Process and Deadlines
Highly selective and highly specialized.
Admission to the MSA program is highly selective. In fact, only 20 students are admitted each year from more than 200 applicants. Like other highly specialized graduate programs, it requires an excellent academic background. Previous work experience is preferred. Specific requirements are:
- Acceptance into both the Ohio University MBA and MSA programs.
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a minimum overall grade-point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale).
- A submitted score from the Graduate Management Admissions Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Three letters of recommendation: one from an individual who can attest to qualifications in the field (for example, an athletic director or arena manager). The other two may come from an undergraduate or graduate advisor, present employer, instructor in the field of study, and/or civic leader.
- A two-page, double-spaced statement of professional goals that includes background, experience, and involvement in sports and related activities.
- A current resume.
- International Students have additional admission requirements. Please contact the Sports Administration office at (740) 593-4666.
How to apply:
The application must include:
- A graduate admissions application. Click here.
- Payment of fee for graduate admissions application.
- Official transcripts of all undergraduate work.
- Official GMAT or GRE test scores.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation (see above for details).
- A two-page double-spaced statement of professional goals that includes background, experience, and involvement in sports and related activities.
- A current resume.
The deadline for fall admission is FEBRUARY 1. Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.
Selected candidates will be invited to campus at their own expense for an interview. Admission will be granted for fall entry after all interviews have been conducted. All dual degree classes start in August.
NOTE: Students applying to the dual degree option should specify MBA/MSA in the graduate major section of the application (MBA/MSA Dual Degree: MB6141/MS8149; MSA Exclusive: MS 8112). Those wishing to apply only for the MSA only option should specify MSA Exclusive).
For additional information, please contact:
Telephone: (740) 593-4666
Fax: (740) 593-0539