Admissions Process and Deadlines
Defining successful leadership in today's workplace.
Develop the essential balance of critical thinking skills and practical business knowledge that defines successful leadership in the modern workplace.
To apply for the Ohio University MBA you must meet the following admissions requirements:
- Regionally-accredited bachelor’s degree
- Up to three years professional work experience
- 3.0 GPA
- Three letters of recommendation from professional or academic references that must speak to your level of maturity, leadership qualities, and potential for management responsibility
- Professional résumé
- Official/certified transcripts (sealed)
- Professional goals statement
- GMAT or GRE required
- TOEFL or IELTS required if English is not your first language
Transfer credits are not accepted for this program.
- International students: Febrauary 1
- Priority deadline: February 1
- After March 1, applications are reviewed on a rolling basis while space is available.
Classes begin in August.
The online Graduate Student Application allows you to create a password-protected account so you can return to the application, enter information, and upload documents at your convenience. Below is the One-Year MBA program codes you will need:
- The Program Name is Full-Time MBA.
- The Program Code is MB6123.
- For Campus, choose 'Athens'
A non-refundable application fee of $50 is required for domestic students and $55 for international students.
One official transcript from all institutions of higher education you have attended should be sent to the Ohio University Graduate College, 220 RTEC, Athens, OH 45701. Ohio University transcripts will be obtained by Graduate College on your behalf. Transcripts from non-U.S. institutions must be official or registrar-certified, in envelopes sealed by the issuing institution. For questions, contact the Graduate College at 743.593.2800
Your professional plans statement should discuss your accomplishments, career goals and objectives, and the value of the MBA degree to achieving your career goals. You should upload and attach your professional statement to your online application in the Background and References section.
Upload and attach an up-to-date and professional resume to your online application in the Background and References section.
We are interested in the length of professional experience, demonstrated leadership and management skills, and potential for growth.
Letters of Recommendation
Arrange for three individuals to submit letters of recommendation on your behalf. Letters can be from professors, former employers, professional colleagues, or individuals who have worked closely with you on a project. Applicants who are self-employed can ask their legal counsel, accountant, or a client to submit letters on their behalf.
- When prompted on the online application, request that your reference letter providers be contacted through the online application process for electronic submission of their recommendation letters.
- Letters of recommendation should include the provider's relationship to you and their complete address and contact information, including a clearly identifiable professional e-mail address (not a Yahoo!, Hotmail, or G-Mail account, for instance).
- Your references should speak to your level of maturity, leadership qualities, and potential for management responsibility.
- Paper recommendation letters can be sent to Kelsey Rodgers, Assistant Director of Admissions and Student Services, College of Business, 514A Copeland Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701-2979.
GMAT or GRE scores
One-Year MBA applicants are required to submit official GMAT or GRE scores directly from the testing agency to Ohio University.
Still have questions?
Email the MBA Admissions Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 740.593.2053.