Internship and Job Placements
Accelerate your career and internship search in sport
The College of Business maintains strong relationships with recruiters throughout the region and the nation. The Department of Sports Administration has an active network of alumni that provide job and internship opportunities to Ohio University sport management students.
Our Career & Student Succcess Center located in Copeland Hall is ready to help you understand how to use good career marketing strategies beginning in your freshman year. We’re ready to help you find the perfect internship or job. In addition to business career fairs and career coaches, you’ll have access to Handshake and Teamwork Online, web-based systems where employers post positions, review resumes, and connect with candidates. Plus, participate in workshops, seminars, and even one-on-one coaching to make sure you’re presenting yourself the right way and achieving your career goals.
Review the Internship Credit Application Checklist or apply for credit below
Start your search for career opportunities
Receive Academic Credit for Your Sport Management Internship or Practicum:
Important Notes About Internship
- You will need to apply for internship credit PRIOR to beginning your internship
- If you are enrolled in Spring 2019 Internship Credit (SASM 4910 is listed on your Spring 2019 schedule) ALL Internship Requirements are due by April 25, 2019
- If you are enrolled in Summer 2019 Internship Credit (SASM 4910 is listed on your Summer 2019 schedule) ALL Internship Requirements are due by August 16, 2019
- If you are enrolled in Fall 2019 Internship Credit (SASM 4910 is listed on your Fall 2019 schedule) ALL Internship Requirements are due by December 8, 2019
- You will be charged for receiving internship, just as you would any other course and the course will be listed as SASM 4910 during the semester you select you'd like the academic credit to be applied
- If credits exceed the maximum of 20 hours with the internship credits applied, students will be charged an additional fee for each hour over 20 (Resident Fee: $280/each hour over 20 hours & Out-of-State Fee: $510/each hour over 20 hours)
- If student determines they would prefer to earn credit a different semester, they will need to share this information PRIOR to the last date to add or drop a class for the semester, or they may be charged according to the semester they originally selected
- If student is enrolled in courses, it is recommended they select the credit to be applied during that semester. It is also recommended they do not apply the credit during a semester when they are not enrolled in other courses (such as summer) to avoid paying for just internship credits.
Questions about internship or job opportunities in the sport industry?