College of Business Response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus)
Tuesday, May 5 2020 08:55am
The safety of our students, faculty, and staff is our single greatest priority. Ohio University and the COB are taking precautionary measures to keep our communities healthy and safe in light of the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak. The following information and resources are intended to support all #BusinessBobcats. Please check your OHIO email account and this page for future updates.
University Communications and Resources:
- University Coronavirus Response, Information, Updates, and Q&A
- March 10 Update about OHIO’s Response to Coronavirus
- Keeping our Bobcats Informed: daily communications for students
- Psychological tips for managing coronavirus concerns (Counseling and Psychological Services)
- Online Learning Resources for Students
- March 13 Update regarding remote and online instruction for remainder of spring semester
- March 25 Emergency Notification COVID-19 from Ken Johnson, D.O., FAAO
- March 30 Alternative Grading System Update (for students)
- University Continuity Planning: Teaching, Working (for faculty and staff)
- March 10 Academic Planning Update (for faculty)
- April 9 Precautions to take when using Zoom (for faculty)
- April 1 Employee Leave under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act (FFCRA) (for faculty)
- Diversity and Inclusion offices maintaining regular business hours
- OHIO Alerts
- OHIO Health Alerts
College Communications to Students:
- COVID-19 Update for Business Students (sent March 12)
- COVID-19 Update for Graduate Business Students (sent March 13)
- COB Student Employees (sent March 19)
- Career & Student Success Center FAQs (sent March 27)
- COB Internship Requirement Update, Online Experience Survey (sent April 10)
- College of Business Advice Regarding the new "S" Grading Option (sent April 21)
- Ohio University's Master of Athletic Administration Announcement (sent April 30)
- COVID-19 Related Charge Adjustments (for students)
College Communications to Faculty and Staff:
- COB Response to COVID-19 Updates (sent March 10)
- Online Teaching Principles for COB Classes through March 30 (sent March 11)
- University Update (sent March 15)
- Phones, Voicemail, and Other Remote Work Tips (sent March 17)
- COB Student Employees (sent March 19)
- 1st Week of Online Instruction (sent March 25)
COB Event and Program Cancelations:
As you know, the University is taking every precaution to prevent potential exposure to the Coronavirus. This is a quickly evolving situation, and as we receive guidance from our state and federal officials, we must continue to reevaluate and adjust our plans on an ongoing basis. We are working to communicate as quickly as possible when decisions are made. Yesterday, Governor Mike DeWine signed an order that bans all mass gatherings over 100 people in the state of Ohio with no identified end date to the mandate. Additionally, health agencies have recommended social distancing for smaller gatherings and that event venues or formats that are not able to provide a distance of six feet per person should be canceled.
In light of this guidance, the College of Business is suspending all in-person events, meetings, outbound travel (flights and driving), and incoming guest speakers/guests/alumni/donor interactions through May 31. Spring Commencement ceremonies and graduation recognition ceremonies on regional campuses, which were scheduled for May 1-2, have been postponed. When it is safe for our University community to come together again, we will immediately begin planning a postponed Commencement celebration and notify our graduates and entire community as those plans are developed.
All student trips domestic or international – including summer GCP’s and the MBA trip are cancelled. Guidance about events, travel, and guests scheduled from June 1 forward is anticipated to be provided by approximately April 15.
Students: do you have a question or need support? Let us know how we can help!
This article, originally published on March 12, 2020 at 10 a.m., has been and will continue to be updated as new information becomes available.