Schedule an Appointment
Our experts are ready to help.
The Career & Student Success Center is here to support Ohio University business students with their career management questions. Whether you're preparing for an interview or perfecting your resume, we've got you covered.
Let's talk more about how we can help. Log in to Handshake to schedule an appointment with your career coach.
How to schedule an appointment with Handshake
1. Visit ohio.joinhandshake.com and use your OHIO ID and password to login.
2. Click the "Career Center" drop-down & select "Appointments"
3. Select "Schedule a New Appointment"
4. Choose “College of Business Academic Advising”
5. Choose the topic you want to dicuss (see the options below)
6. Select your "Career Coach" & "Medium"
- Career Coaches are assigned by your major:
7. Complete the information and select "Request".
For information on academic advising, click here.
Career Coaching Appointment Types
Our career coaches can help you get ready for your next steps. Choose from one of the following topics when you book your advising appointment in Handshake.
- Resumes: Students looking to improve their resumes, learning how to customize their resume to specific positions, or upgrading the quality of their bullet points should choose this. The Career and Student Success Center also has walk-in resume reviews Monday-Friday from 12-2 pm in Copeland 214.
- Cover Letters: If the main focus of your career appointment is cover letters, this is for you. Coaches will assist you in learning how and what to include in your cover letters, tailoring them to specific jobs, and developing the proper structure and format.|
- Job and Internship Search: Learn the strategies and resources available to aid in finding and securing jobs and internships, as well as: salary negotiation, multiple offers, and receiving internship credit.
- Networking and LinkedIn: Improve your ability and confidence during in-person and digital networking. Career coaches can help you develop their elevator pitch, strategies for networking at events and career fairs, and build an impressive LinkedIn account.
- Exploring Careers and Majors: Are you not sure which career path fits you? Career Coaches can assist you in understanding possible opportunities in different industries and areas, as well helping you to find your passions and interests. You will be provided resources and strategies to make decisions through continued and directed exploration.
- Interviewing: Sign up to receive assistance with preparing for interviews, strategies to conduct successful interviews, and interview questions. You can request a mock interview, where we can do a live practice interview. You will also be coached on appropriate attire and following up post interviews. (We recommend that you schedule 2 appointments, back-to-back, for mock interviews.)
- Internship Check-In: Students who are in their internship should schedule two of these appointments throughout their experience with their career coach. These 15-minute check-ins can be done in-person, over the phone, via Skype, or another app.
- BA 2000: These appointments are designed for students who are completing their BA 2000 Instructor check-in or have questions regarding this course or the assignments for the course. (If you are having your resume reviewed as part of the class assignment, please select "Resume" for your appointment.)
- Graduate Student Career Coaching: Any graduate students in the College of Business needs to select this option. In the next screen, you will want to add in the message what you wish to speak with your career coach about.
Our office is located in Copeland Hall, Suite 214, and is open from 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Drop-in hours are from 12:00 p.m. to 1:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
If you are unsure or have a question, please call the Career and Student Success Center at 740-593-2042.