The following College of Business academic policies can be found in the online 2016-2017 OHIO Undergraduate catalog. Below is a brief summary description.
Gaining Academic Progress (GAP) Workshops
- These are required for those who have a fall semester GPA under 2.5
- Failure to follow through will result in a hold
Next-Semester Advising Intervention (NSAI)
- This is required for those who have a fall semester GPA under 2.5
- Failure to follow through will result in hold
2.5 Freshman Drop Policy
- As discussed at Bobcat Student orientation
- Business majors with less than 2.5 GPA at end of spring term must transfer out of CoB
- NSAI and GAP (above) are intended to help prevent this, but only YOU can earn the grades!
Retaking a Core Business Course (BBA candidates only)
- You will be limited to three attempts (two retakes) at the College’s core courses. If you have made three unsuccessful attempts at a required core course, you will be notified that you have been dropped from the College. Se an advisor in the CoB Office of Student Services for permission.
Retaking a Course in the Business Cluster
- Students failing one course in the cluster will be required to retake the course in a stand-alone or other equivalent form. Students failing more than one course in the cluster will be required to retake the entire cluster.
Internship Requirement (four options):
- Approved work experience
- Global Consulting Program
- Ohio International Consulting Program
- MGT 3730 “Entrepreneurial Consulting”
Professional Development Checklist
- Ways and means to become a powerful candidate for internships and full-time employment
Minimum GPA Required for Graduation
- Minimum cumulative GPA: 2.0
- Minimum Business and Economics GPA: 2.0 (BBA candidates only)
- Minimum Major GPA: 2.2
- Each major course can be no less than C-
NOTE: This list of academic policies is not comprehensive and the summaries included here are intentionally brief, so be sure to review the complete information that is listed in the online OHIO Undergraduate Catalog. The URL is listed above for your convenience.